…and just for you Paul. 🙂 Like you, I have maintained (except for this one exception) a strict avoidance policy on responding to these kind of “tags”. But, since you’ve taken merciless advantage of my admission of not having blogged lately, I guess I have to play nice. Enjoy!
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was in between pastoring churches, and working with a friend installing vinyl siding on houses in Houston, TX. In fact, this very month 10 years ago I was in the final stages of the process of being called to pastor a church in Roswell, GA.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
1. Discipleship/counseling at breakfast with a young man at 5:45 AM at Waffle House.
2. Haircut at 10:30 AM.
3. Repair the fan motor & blade on the house A/C compressor unit.
4. Study for my Sunday sermon and Wednesday night men’s discipleship group.
5. Conduct a membership interview with a new church family at 7:30 PM.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
1. Ice cold Mountain Dew (the elixir of the gods)
2. Tortilla chips and salsa (Santitas with Hell on the Red salsa – imported from Texas)
3. Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. (I never cease to be surprised at how good it tastes.)
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire (in this order):
1. Buy a Gulfstream. (My dad’s love of aviation runs in my veins.)
2. Buy a ranch in the Texas Hill Country. With a runway. (The most beautiful place on earth to me.)
3. Travel Europe. Slowly. (So much history to take in, so much to see and learn.)
4. Give a lot of it away. Both strategically and randomly. (Being a faithful steward would bear on my conscience to release it to Kingdom work.)
5.) Three of my bad habits:
1. What? Bad habits?
2. Waiting too long to begin a project when I can’t see that I have the entire amount of time needed to start and finish it all at once. This results in it not getting done at all. I need a more incremental approach.
3. Wanting more than I can afford. (Questions on having billions does not help this bad habit subside!)
6) 5 places I have lived (in order):
1. Katy, TX (still “home”)
2. Garland, TX (college days)
3. Spring, TX (first pastorate, first house)
4. Roswell, GA
5. Canton, GA (currently)
7) 5 jobs I have had (in order):
1. Shipping – American Tract Society, Garland, TX
2. Self-employed, vinyl siding installation, Houston, TX
3. Pastor – Calvary Church, Houston, TX
4. Pastor – Northside Baptist Church, Roswell, GA
5. Pastor – Grace Church, Alpharetta, GA
Of course, these kinds of lists leave things out, but hopefully this is at least a little interesting. I haven’t tagged anyone else with this. Instead, if you’d like to answer some or all of these questions for yourself, then add them in the comments. I know I, for one, would find it interesting.